www.StudentFinanceDomain.com student renters insurance
apartment insurance
Money Management

Student Banking

Credit Cards

Spending and Protecting
Student Budgets Student Auto Loans Student Insurance Travel Insurance Student Health Insurance Avoid Student Insurance Scams
Paying for College

Financial Aid

Student Loans

Non-Loan Options

International Students

Student Renter's Insurance

renters insurance for college students

Protect Your Property with Renter's Insurance

Protecting your personal property is an important part of being a responsible college student. It's actually an important part of being a mature and independent adult. In addition to protecting you and your belongings with health insurance, travel insurance and car insurance, you should always protect your home with renter's insurance. For a small monthly fee, you can have the peace of mind knowing that your property will remain safe and secure and that your student budget won't get thrown off track. We're here to inform you about the importance of apartment renter's insurance.

Need a loan for college? Get all the information on student loans you need.
Get the straight facts on credit cards for students
Never have more options for funding been available, but their benefits and availability vary widely

Here are a few questions you may have about renter's insurance:

What is Renter's Insurance?

Insurance that protects your personal property against any damage or loss. It also protects you in case someone is injured while on your property.

Why should I get Renter's Insurance?

It will cover you and your personal property in case anything unexpected happens, and it will save you a lot of money that you might be spending on repairs or new items.

How much does Renter's Insurance cost?

It usually costs between about $15 to $30 a month, depending on the renter's insurance plan that you purchase.

What does Renter's Insurance cover?

It covers a wide variety of personal property such as:

  • Fire
  • Weather Damage
  • Vandalism
  • Explosion
  • Vehicles and Aircraft
  • Riots and Civil Commotion
  • Falling Objects
  • Electral Damage
  • Water Damage
  • Personal Property Off Premises (stolen out of your car or from another building)

Which types of Coverage can I get?

Typically, Renter's Insurance includes four types of coverage:

  1. Personal Property - Covers any personal belonging of yours that are damaged, lost, or stolen. This includes jewelry, clothing, electronics, furniture, and more.
  2. Liability - If someone was injured or their property was damaged while they were at your residence, this will cover you if they make a claim or file a lawsuit against you.
  3. Additional Living Expenses - This basically pays you to live somewhere else if you have to move due to continual theft or vandalism of your property.
  4. Flood and Hurricane Coverage - Most insurance companies don't cover damage due to floods and hurricanes, so if you live in an area prone to these weather problems, always ask the company about this.

Whether you live on campus or not, renter's insurance is a necessary student insurance to get because it protects both your home and your belongings. Many people have the misconception that their landlord or their building association will covers their property in case of an emergency, but in many cases they only cover the property. It does not cover your belongings. The best apartment renter's insurance you can get will cover your entire range of property and will reimburse you the total of your losses.

Featured Articles
College is expensive. Learn how Student loans can help you pay for your education. Read More...
Thinking of getting a student credit card? Find out which card is the right one for you. Read More...
There are many types of student loans. Learn how a private student loan can benefit you. Read More...
Student Banking | Credit Cards | Investing | Financial Aid | Student Loans
Home | Site Map | | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions

Copyright © 2008-2012 Junior Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.